MSC CRUISES ADDS EXCLUSIVE MASTERCHEF JUNIORS AT SEA EXPERIENCE TO AWARD WINNING* FAMILY OFFERING
• MSC Cruises extends partnership with Endemol Shine Group with new MasterChef Juniors at Sea
• The programme will come to life onboard in a two-stage cooking competition for young guests
• The MasterChef Juniors at Sea programme is available now on MSC Seaview and will roll out fleet-wide starting Spring 2019
Geneva, Switzerland, 23rd October 2018 – MSC Cruises, the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise company and market leader in Europe, South America & the Gulf, has just announced the launch of MasterChef Juniors at Sea, a brand-new and exclusive kids’ cooking competition. Following the introduction of MasterChef at Sea programme for adults last year, this latest announcement marks an extension of the Company’s partnership with MasterChef producers, Endemol Shine Group.
MasterChef Juniors at Sea is currently available on MSC Seaview, and will roll out across the rest of the fleet starting March 2019.
Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises commented: “As a family-owned company, MSC Cruises has always put the needs of families and kids at the heart of the cruise experience and this latest announcement further demonstrates our ongoing commitment to providing wide and diverse family entertainment. We are particularly proud to be extending our partnership with MasterChef to include the younger members of the family. We already offer a comprehensive schedule of activities around the clock for kids of all ages, but we have worked tirelessly with the producers of MasterChef to create an immersive experience that is fun and interactive.”
Open to kids aged 5–12, the programme brings the hugely popular and globally-recognised MasterChef show to life onboard in the form of a two-stage cooking competition. Guaranteed to keep the entire family entertained, the activity will also help inspire a new generation of children to take an interest in cooking and encourage healthy eating. The recipes have been created to feature fresh and healthy ingredients where possible and enable the children to practice useful techniques such as grating, cutting and peeling to cultivate creativity in the kitchen. The recipes for MasterChef Juniors have been devised by Rukmini Iyer, a MasterChef contestant from 2013 and author of two best-selling cookbooks including “The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian”.
This extension of the MasterChef partnership fits into MSC Cruises’ broader strategy of collaborating with world-class experts in their fields to bring rich, varied experiences to guests fleet-wide. From cutting-edge cuisine, to engaging entertainment, to family-friendly offerings, there is something for every type of traveler with an MSC Cruises holiday.
As a family-owned company, MSC Cruises has always put the needs of families at the heart of the cruise experience and its award-winning family offering* has plenty to keep the whole family entertained. Flexible group accommodations, dedicated kids’ areas, babysitting services, and a range of destination-specific activities and excursions are all part of what makes MSC Cruises the go-to cruise line for families of all sizes and ages
Jane Smith, Group Director, Brand Licensing and Gaming at Endemol Shine Group said, “Following the success of MasterChef at Sea, we are delighted to further extend our relationship with MSC Cruises. The MasterChef brand lends itself perfectly to on-board activations and the MasterChef Juniors at Sea programme really taps into the demand we see from fans of all ages wanting to engage with the brand.”
As of next summer, kids across the entire MSC Cruises fleet can take part in these two exciting stages of MasterChef Juniors at Sea:
1. A unique interactive cooking masterclass with an MSC Cruises’ Executive Chef wherein the chef works with kids to create a culinary masterpiece, sharing some of his/her best tips for making healthy and tasty dishes. While collecting their certificates, contestants are invited to a second round, an exciting live show in the ship’s main theatre.
2. 20 children are selected at random from the theatre audience to take to the stage and participate in a ‘mystery box challenge.’ Each contestant is given a box full of mystery ingredients and asked to create a special recipe. With the help of the Executive Chef, they can show their culinary flair, creativity and unique personality to complete a dish for a panel of guest judges to review. Family members can watch proudly from the audience as their little ones take the spotlight and receive MSC Cruises prizes to take home.