SALES OPEN FOR MSC GRANDIOSA, THE FIRST MSC CRUISES SHIP IN THE MERAVIGLIA-PLUS GENERATION – LAUNCHING IN NOVEMBER 2019
The brand new mega-ship and MSC Cruises new flagship, will feature two brand new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows and much more
Geneva, Switzerland – March 5th, 2018 – MSC Cruises – the Swiss-based world’s largest privately owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America and South Africa – announced today that sales for MSC Grandiosa are now open. For her inaugural season, the much-awaited first MSC Cruises Meraviglia-Plus generation ship will set sail in the Western Mediterranean.
Sales for MSC Grandiosa will open for an initial two-week period exclusively for members of the MSC Voyagers Club, the loyalty rewards programme for MSC Cruises guests. For all other guests, sales will open on March 19th.
Gianni Onorato, Chief Executive Officer of MSC Cruises, commented: “At launch, MSC Grandiosa will be the fifth brand-new MSC Cruises ship to have joined our fleet in only two and a half years. She represents the further evolution of the already highly-successful Meraviglia prototype, first introduced only nine months ago. As such, she will also bring even more choices to MSC Cruises guests and other holiday-makers wanting to experience the ever-so-popular Mediterranean region on board one of the most highly-innovative MSC Cruises classes of ships that will welcome guests the region in the Winter 2019/2020.”
The new ship will bring to her guests, amongst other features, two brand new shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea, created exclusively for MSC Grandiosa guests. This is part of a long-term partnership between MSC Cruises and Cirque du Soleil, the world leader in artistic entertainment that will result in a total of eight original shows that will be available on MSC Cruises’ four Meraviglia and Meraviglia-plus generation ships.
MSC Grandiosa will showcase an even larger Mediterranean-style promenade, the ground-breaking feature unique to the Meraviglia and Meraviglia-plus prototypes, that serves as the social hub of the ship with an array of shops and specialty restaurants as well as a new bar and lounge, L’Atelier Bistrot that will offer lounge seating with a stage and a dance floor, impressionist art will be on display in this space will also have “terrace “seating with Parisian Bistrot tables and chairs on the Promenade Throughout the day and the evening, this award-winning promenade hosts surprise performances, including flash mobs and themed parties as well as the awe-inspiring projections on the even longer 98.5-metre LED Sky screen.
The industry-leading shipboard digital innovation programme MSC for Me will allow guests to customise their holiday and enhance their cruise experience. As the Company continues to evolve and innovate the digital offering, guests can expect new features, offering a connected cruise experience to meet their individual needs.
Other MSC Grandiosa highlights include:
• Seven nights in the stunning Western Mediterranean calling at six beautiful Mediterranean ports Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona and Marseille. Whilst in port, guests can enjoy a wide variety of shore activities, designed to the needs of different types of cruise guest from families through to adventurous couples, allowing an immersive discovery of each destination’s distinctive culture and history.
• New family activities and entertainment building on the already extensive and award-winning offering . The DOREMI Lab will offer new themes each day, while the DOREMI Studio Lounge focusses on allowing children to have fun through the magic of music, with the possibility to record songs and star in their own music videos. This multitude of concepts ensure that children of every age will have an unforgettable holiday at sea.
• Restaurant options on board include a choice of at least 12 different dining venues, ranging from specialty restaurants to the buffet and serving fresh, authentic food each and every day. A new restaurant concept will be introduced on the Promenade exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests.
• The MSC Yacht Club will continue to offer the more discerning cruise guest a luxurious stay in the ship within a ship concept with key features such as the stylish Top Sail lounge, stunning One Pool Deck, private restaurant and butler service.
Mr Onorato concluded: “She will become not only the “richest in features” in the MSC Cruises’ fleet to-date but also be fitted with ground-breaking environmental technology at sea. She will in fact feature the latest and most advanced hybrid exhaust gas cleaning systems, SCR-Catalysts, state-of-the-art waste management and recycling capabilities, emission-reducing energy and heat recovery systems, and highly advanced wastewater treatment. All of this, in a ship that has been designed for all seasons and is able to call in most of the world’s international cruise ports.”
When booking MSC Grandiosa over the initial two-week opening of sales period exclusive to them, MSC Voyagers Club members will receive a special 5% discount in addition to their 5% loyalty discount as well as benefitting from being able to have the first selection of cabins. Other guests will also enjoy a 5% early booking discount until the 4th September 2018.
MSC Grandiosa will commence sailing from Genoa, Italy on 16th November 2019. For more information and bookings, visit here.
1. Cruise Critic’s 2017 Editors Pick – Best Cruise Line for Families